Mediterranean food project in GreeceMed. food: Our legacy, our future
The new project of MEdIES: “Mediterranean Diet: Our heritage & future” was approved and supported by UNESCO (Participation Program 2022-2023). The project is essentially the extension and adaptation of the SIDUMEF Programme in Greece!
It is implemented during the period: September 2022 – August 2023.
Its main goal is the development of the necessary knowledge, skills and attitudes of formal and non-formal educators, as well as the general public, regarding the potential of the Mediterranean food products, and diet in promoting Sustainability and Intercultural Dialogue.
TOPICS OF INTEREST
- The environmental and socio-economic aspects of the Mediterranean diet and its characteristic food products such as the olives and olive oil; cereals; the vine & its products, etc.
- The intangible and tangible cultural value and heritage of the Mediterranean diet.
- The strong dynamics of the Mediterranean diet in strengthening and maintaining the intercultural dialogue for sustainability in the Mediterranean region.
- The translation, adaptation and the production in Greek of the SIDUMEF material available here
- A series of awareness rasising and dialogue actions for teachers, trainers and the public, in Greece, live and online, with the participation of experts from all over the Mediterranean planned to take place in autumn 2023 Stay tuned !