From food and clothes to cosmetics and mobile phones, our consumption has a considerable impact on the planet. Want to tackle that challenge? Then raise your voice at the (online) European Climate Pact Youth Dialogue , on 7 April, 10:00 – 12:00 p.m.CET via Facebook, where you will be able to submit your questions and comments while watching online.
The EC’s Climate Pact Youth Dialogue will have as key speaker the Executive Vice-President of the European Commission Frans Timmermans and several young Climate Pact Ambassadors from many countrues and youth civil society organisations to discuss:
- How to ensure that shoppers have access to information about the sustainability of products they buy, from food to electronics.
- How to avoid greenwashing and ensure that consumers can trust the sustainability claims made by producers.
- How to design products that have a longer lifespan to avoid ‘planned obsolescence’.
- How to make our energy consumption greener and less dependent on fossil fuels.
- How to make the fashion industry more sustainable with less waste.
(C) European Climate Pact