The challenge is open to anyone aged 35 or younger worldwide. They are looking for your creative works of art that put a spotlight on the species, habitats, and ecosystems that we need to work to protect.
Submissions can be made for any of the following categories, with a focus on SDG 14 (Life Below Water) or SDG 15 (Life on Land). Choose from:
- Is your favourite animal or plant species under threat?
- Show one of your favourite animal or plant species which is currently under threat (e.g. Is its population/survival at risk? Are its habitats being endangered?)
- Tell how we can ensure we protect and restore this species – what actions can we take today in our communities?
- How can we protect the habitats and ecosystems within our regions?
- Show one of your favourite places which is being impacted by biodiversity loss (e.g. a local national park, forest, beach, river).
- Tell why it needs to be protected, and what actions communities can take to conserve this place?
Entries can utilise any art medium – some ideas are photos, drawings, paintings, sketches, murals – the list is endless, however all submissions must be static (no animations) and limited to one frame/image of the artwork. In addition to the artwork, you will be asked to include a short statement to explain your submission and how it answers the questions.
This is your chance to present your creative piece to people all around the globe, and contribute to inspiring others to taking action towards the SDGs!
Online submission must be done via the Submission Form by 30 September, 2022 (11:59pm JST).