Training course for formal and non-formal educators on Education for alternative water resources
MEdIES was excited to run this week-long course for the first time aiming to suggest a complete set of ESD methodology and resources to support ESD educators to cultivate water responsible behaviour and transformative action, and develop competences in embedding NCWRs -Non Conventional Water Resources- in ESD. The course took place from 04 to 11 November 2022 with the participation of 9 educators from Malta and 1 from Greece.
The course applied selected on-site (outdoor) training sessions in combination with hands on workshops, lectures and other indoor sessions, creating the enabling learning enviroment for advancing the understanding on:
- how NCWRs can contribute to climate change adaptation, particularly to water scarce communities;
- how past water management methods can be re-considered and valued nowadays (in Europe and beyond);
- how the cultural aspects of water resources (tangible and intangible) have a particular role in teaching and learning on ESD;
- how the current challenges in relation wo water and wastewater management can be meaningfully embeded in ESD and other teaching ;
- how to transform learning practices and lifestyles towards the SDG6.
The sessions were coordinated by MIO-ECSDE & MEdIES and other Institutions. The participants were supported by ERASMUS + KA1 (Key Action 1: Mobility of Individuals).
The course is repeated on a regular basis (twice a year), provided that it has a minimum of 10 participants each time. Next foreseen session is for Spring 2023. For more information check our website or write to us at info[@]medies.net.
It was a real Erasmus+ training. How it should be. Pity I cannot send all the school’s staff for such training!
A very enriching learning experience. Everything was well organised!
Variation in the related topics was achieved, a really enjoyed and learnt a lot. Hope next time to have the chance to interact with schools and students!