MEdIES and HYDRIA are happy to share the opening of the 2023 edition of the school contest, The Water We Want, by the World Water Museums Network (WAMUNET).
The contest will be open until the 23th of April 2023.
As every year, the contest aims at engaging young people as narrators of our diverse water heritage and as storytellers of more sustainable water futures. Questions and wonderings that can be explored by the students during their preparation and art creation:
- How can we change the mindset of people and inspire new behaviours and attitudes to be more respectful of nature and promote awareness of all water uses?
- What daily actions can we make to protect the increasingly scarce water resources we depend upon?
- And, what can we learn from our inherited water legacies to look for new solutions and foster the green recovery of our planet?
Any school or youth group interested to participate shall:
– Contact any water museum affiliated to the Global Network (WAMU-NET)- Find here the Museums-members of WAMUNET: https://www.watermuseums.net/network
– Create one original artwork: (1) Drawing (2) Videos (3) Other media, reflecting the aforementioned topics, focusing on freshwater-related issues and SDGs
– Send by email or post the artworks by the 24th of April 2023 to any the chosen museum affiliated to WAMU-NET (not to WAMU-NET secretariat) their artworks together with the Registration Form dully filled.