Profiting from the presence of a broad range of co-organizing stakeholders, the training Seminar entitled "Education for Sustainable Management of Water Resources and Simulation Modelsâ€ť, took place from 16 to 18 December 2016, in Amfissaâ€™s Centre of Environmental Education Center (CEE) within the wider the project "The Gift of Rain".
The Seminar aimed to build the capacities of in-service and pre-service teachers coming from both the formal and the non formal sector around the topic of water resources and management, while focusing on a specific teaching method of applying Simulation Models.
More specifically the seminar was organised around these priorities / objectives :
- Promotion of ESD through formal education (schools, universities, etc.), non-formal and informal learning (community groups, associations, media, NGOs).
- Training of teachers to acquire the necessary skills to integrate ESD in their teaching. Training in modeling issues
- Promotion of tools and learning materials for ESD that supports the Non-Conventional Water Resources (NCWRs) Management.
- Enhancing the cooperation of various stakeholders on ESD at all levels.
- Promotion of ESD as an integral element of quality education and a key enabler for sustainable development.
- Promotion of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and specifically Goal 6.
The sessions within the three days seminar included 4 exhibitions, 6 lectures, 8 Workshops, 1 roundtable and an evaluation session.
In total more than seventy six (76) participants took part, including educators, headmasters, regional science inspectors, regional directors of education, ESD /EE responsible officers from the regions of Attica, Fokis and Boeotia.
The invited speakers included: Professor M. Scoullos (MIO-ESCDE, UNESCO Chair and GWP-Med), Jacob Gannoulis (Special Secretary for Water-Ministry of Environment and Energy), Athanasios Panagiotopoulos (Delphi Mayor), Christos Dimitriou (Regional Education Director of Central Greece), Michael Theocharopoulos (CEE pf Amfissa), Eisodia Douka (Special Secretariat for Water -Ministry of Environment and Energy) and Vassilis Psallidas (MEdIES).
- Amfissaâ€™s Center of Environmental Education (CEE),
- MIO-ECSDE, through MEdIES Initiative,
- UNESCO Chair & Network for Management and ESD at University of Athens
- Global Water Partnership- Mediterranean (GWP-Med),
- Delphi Municipality,
- Greek Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs,
- Special Secretary for Water â€“ Ministry of Environment and Energy
View below shots from the Seminar: