Wetlands are essential for sustainable livelihoods , world Wetlands Day, february 2, 2016
Livelihoods from fishing, rice farming, travel, tourism, and water provision all depend on wetlands.¬† And wetlands are vital to us in many other ways.¬† They host a huge variety of life, protect our coastlines, provide natural sponges against river flooding, and store carbon dioxide to regulate climate change.
Unfortunately, wetlands are often viewed as wasteland, and more than 64% of our wetlands have disappeared since 1900. People shall be enabled to make a decent living, and at the same time ensuring that wetlands can still provide their essential benefits, do not have to be conflicting goals!
Take a picture in a wetland location between 2 February and 2 March 2016. Upload it at http://www.worldwetlandsday.org/en/photo-contest
for a chance to win a free flight to a wetland location anywhere in the world courtesy of Star Alliance Biosphere Connections. The photo contest is open to 15-24 year olds.
- The photograph must be taken in a wetland and must capture how people make aliving from wetlands.
- The photograph must be in digital format. Only photographs submitted online will be eligible. No print or film submissions will be accepted for entry into this Contest.
- All digital files must be in JPEG or JPG format, and with a maximum size of 5MB.
- The photograph, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material taken by the Photographer.
- All Entries must be submitted and received by 2 March 2016¬†at 12.00 Midnight CET
- There is limit of three photographs per person.
Read more about the Participation Conditions and the contest visit:¬†http://www.worldwetlandsday.org/en/photo-contest